The Engine is the inset part of the composite Module. It must be selected and then attached to a Chassis part that is already placed on the Workbench screen. Each chassis needs an engine to put it in motion. Some of the Engines provide specific bonuses to suit your preferred type of play.
The Engine modifies your Chassis’ Speed and Weight Threshold – usually, by increasing the one and reducing the other.
Stats[edit | edit source]
- Speed Modifier: By how much your Speed is increased or decreased.
- Weight Threshold Modifier: By how much your Weight Threshold is increased or decreased.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If your robot’s Weight falls exactly within its Threshold – you’re better off selecting a plain Engine that doesn’t apply modifiers
- If your robot’s Weight is significantly lower than its Threshold – you’re better off taking an Engine that will lower the Threshold and will boost your Speed in exchange
- If your robot’s Weight exceeds the Threshold limit – you should consider the Engines that boost your Threshold but reduce the Speed. The Speed penalty from these Engines should be lower than the penalty you would incur for exceeding the Threshold.